For Immediate Release
Angela Allmond, Communications Director
Oklahoma Democratic Party
This National Manufacturing Day, Bidenomics is Bringing Jobs Back to Oklahoma
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, — OCTOBER 6, 2023 – Today, the Oklahoma Democratic Party Chair Alicia Andrew released the following statement marking National Manufacturing Day:
“Bidenomics is delivering an American economic boom in Oklahoma and across the country, creating nearly 14 million jobs — including 815,000 in manufacturing alone and 2,700 in Oklahoma — spurring billions of dollars in investments and boosting America’s global competitiveness. While MAGA Republicans’ failed trickle-down agenda cost America manufacturing jobs. They created incentives to ship jobs overseas; Bidenomics is building the economy from the bottom up and middle out with manufacturing at the forefront.”
Here’s a look at how Bidenomics is delivering a manufacturing boom in Oklahoma and across the country after the Trump administration failed:
- Creating record job growth: Today, the U.S. Department of Labor announced that nonfarm payrolls increased by 336,000 jobs in September — nearly doubling expectations and bringing the total jobs created under President Biden’s leadership to nearly 14 million, the most jobs ever created in one term.
- Boosting manufacturing jobs and investments: Under President Biden, 815,000 manufacturing jobs have been created, and another 830,000 in construction and engineering — more than at any point under the last administration. Investments in manufacturing and construction hit an all-time high and nearly doubled after falling under the previous president.
- Investing in industries of the future: Under the Biden-Harris administration, private companies have announced $516 billion, including over $1.6 billion in Oklahoma alone, in commitments to invest in 21st-century industries, including semiconductors and electronics, biomanufacturing, clean energy, and more.
- Bolstering American leadership in semiconductor manufacturing: The CHIPS and Science Act has unlocked $39 billion to encourage American leadership in the semiconductor manufacturing industry while creating tens of thousands of good-paying, union construction jobs and thousands more high-skilled manufacturing jobs — as well as catalyzing hundreds of billions in private investments.
- Creating jobs and workforce pipelines for American workers: The White House announced the creation of workforce hubs to create pipelines for Americans to access good-paying jobs in the semiconductor industry and other industries seeing an increase in investments driven by President Biden’s Investing in America agenda — including CHIPS, the Inflation Reduction Act, and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
For more information about the Oklahoma Democratic Party, visit the party website at okdemocrats.org, or call party headquarters at 405-427-3366