For Immediate Release
Angela Allmond, Communications Director
Oklahoma Democratic Party
Oklahoma Democratic Party Celebrates Passage of The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, NOVEMBER 8, 2021 – “As he promised, President Biden worked across the aisle to forge consensus and deliver results. His Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal is now one step closer to creating good-paying jobs, growing our economy, and making much-needed improvements to critical infrastructure like our nation’s roads and highways, bridges and transit; drinking water systems; and broadband. Thanks to President Biden and Democrats, our country is primed to position American workers, farmers, and businesses to compete and win in the 21st century.”
Based on funding formula alone, Oklahoma would expect to receive:
- $4.3 billion to improve highways
- $266 million for bridge replacement and
- repairs over five years.
- $349 million for public transportation.$66 million to support a bigger, stronger EV charging network in our state.
- Make high-speed internet affordable and available for every household.
- Clean up brownfields and superfund sites, as well as plug abandoned mine lands and orphaned wells, to stop pollution and protect public health.
- Build up our resilience to superstorms, droughts, wildfires, and hurricanes that cost us billions of dollars in damage.
For more information about the Oklahoma Democratic Party, visit the party website at okdemocrats.org, or call party headquarters at 405-427-3366.