Oklahoma Democratic Party Chair Issues Emergency Measures to Protect Against Coronavirus
Effective today, the Oklahoma Democratic Party’s slate of emergency measures designed to combat the spread of COVID-19 include:
● All in-person meetings scheduled from March 15th – May 1st are postponed. The Oklahoma Democratic Party is working on scheduling virtual meetings starting later in March.
● The ODP prohibits holding any official ODP-sponsored indoor event, at all levels in the party, where more than 10 people would gather in person from occurring from March 15th – May 1st. This includes fundraisers, party meetings, social events, committees, conventions, etc.
● The ODP will shift all campaign organizing efforts, including direct voter contact, from in-person work to virtual work, and we encourage campaigns up and down the ticket to do the same. Instructions and ideas to follow.
● The ODP Staff will move to remote working effective from March 15th to at least April 1st. All staff functions will continue as normal with communications protocols in place to continue to serve Oklahoma Democrats.
● The ODP Headquarters will not be available for ODP or public meetings from March 15th– April 15th. Depending upon prevailing conditions and requirements of the building owner, this may be extended.
● The ODP Headquarters will be closed to the public. Only credentialed personnel, party leaders, and elected officials will be permitted access.
● No official staff travel out-of-state from March 14th – May 1st.
● STATE CONVENTION: The in-person State Convention scheduled for April 4th has been postponed. The ODP Central Committee met on March 14th and outlined a new plan to be approved by the DNC. Once approved, those plans will be publicized.
● PRE-CONVENTION TRAINING: The in-person Pre-Convention Training scheduled for April 3rd has been postponed.
● CARL ALBERT DINNER: This event is postponed. ODP’s plan was to feature Congresswoman Maxine Waters as our keynote speaker. We are working with her office to determine her availability before we set the rescheduled date.