Perez on Trumpcare Vote
“More than 60 times over the last seven years, House Republicans voted to repeal protections for people with pre-existing conditions. Today, they voted again to repeal those and more protections. For some Americans, Trumpcare will mean bankruptcy. For others, it will be a death sentence.
“Trump promised he wouldn’t take away health care from anyone. He lied. Trump promised he wouldn’t take away protections for people with pre-existing conditions. He lied. Trump promised not to cut Medicaid. He lied.
“My dad died of a heart attack when I was 12. But he lived long enough to teach me that our country’s greatness lies in its compassion. Instead of showing compassion, Trump and Republicans spat in the face of human decency. The DNC, Democrats across the country, and the millions of Americans who will be harmed by Trumpcare if it passes the Senate will hold them accountable.”
If Trumpcare becomes law:
- 24 million Americans will be stripped of healthcare coverage.
- Planned Parenthood will be defunded, make it more difficult for millions of women to access critical health services.
- Premiums on older Americans will skyrocket.
- Individuals with pre-existing conditions will be subject to faulty and expensive high-risk pools.
- Insurance companies will be able institute lifetime limits on coverage, even on those with chronic illnesses.