WHERE IS THE REPUBLICAN OUTRAGE?
Pinnell’s Silence on His Candidates’ Criminal Activities is Deafening
Muskogee, OK—After releasing a website that attacks and misleads voters, Matt Pinnell should address the hypocrisy of endorsing, supporting and funding a slate of Republican candidates who have criminal histories. “ Once again, Matt Pinnell, supports a group of Republican candidates to write laws for the rest of us, but don’t feel the need to follow the law themselves. Why didn’t he create a website attacking Scott Biggs, who as a prosecutor seized guns and allowed a domestic abuser get off. Does Matt Pinnell support Scott Biggs?,” asked Oklahoma Democratic Party Chairman Wallace Collins.
- Mike Helm, Republican Rogers County Commissioner, accused of fraud.
- Robin Anderson, Republican Rogers County Clerk of Court-elect, accused of fraud.
- Markwayne Mullin, CD2, refused e-verify and sent felons into customers homes and has apending weapons charge against him.
- Fred E. Smith, SD 13, was arrested for not paying child support.
- Bobby Cleveland, HD 20, entered a plea to receive a deferred prosecution which required him to admit there was evidence to prosecute.
- Scott Biggs, Republican HD 51, seized family weapons and gave a misdemeanor to a man that severely beat his girlfriend.
In another glaring example of hypocrisy, Pinnell continues to support a candidate who has done exactly what his website criticizes Democrats for doing. Scott Biggs, HD 51 botched many cases—in one, he let a man who severely beat his girlfriend off with a slap on the wrist misdemeanor and refused to return a family’s guns.
Vice-Chair Dana Orwig, who is a deacon commented, “ The Republicans claim to be the party of family values, but they sure are terrible at supporting Republicans who are good role models for our children and grandchildren.”