In these uncertain times it is important that those who have information share. I want to take a moment of your time to share the information that I have.
Obviously, the Delegate Selection Convention that was scheduled for April 4, 2020 has been postponed. That decision was made on March 14, 2020 by the State Central Committee. During that meeting, we developed a plan that was submitted to the DNC for approval. The DNC did not approve the plan. We subsequently met again on April 1, 2020 to revise the plan. That plan has been submitted to the DNC.
The details of the plans have not been made public because we are waiting until we have an approved plan so that we are only submitting accurate information. What we can tell you:
- Paperwork that was submitted before the March 5, 2020 deadline will be honored.
- All eligible delegates will be encouraged to participate – electronically.
- We are in the process of creating and testing the platform we plan to use for a virtual convention.
- Your congressional district officers can answer questions.
- We are doing what we can to ensure that Oklahoma will have a delegation.
In other news, the party is geared up and ready to help you organize while staying Safer at Home. We are in the middle of candidate filing. We strongly urge you to find a local candidate to support. Things you can do from home:
- Join in the phone banking efforts
- Help them write postcards
- Donate money, stamps, other supplies
- Share their social media posts
- Tell ten (10) friends
COVID-19 has affected the party directly. Three employees of the Oklahoma Democratic Party tested positive for COVID-19. Thankfully, they have all recovered and are back working. The ODP staff has been working remotely since March 12th. Please be encouraged, the party continues to do the work of the party. We have posted tutorial videos to help you set up phone banks in VAN, we are cleaning up the data in VAN to make it as useful as possible, developing voter’s registration plans and preparing for our state convention.
I hope that everyone is taking care of yourselves during this time of isolation. Please stay safe!
Alicia Andrews, Chair
Oklahoma Democratic Party