Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, candidates filing federal, state, and legislative offices are encouraged to file by mail or delivery service or in-person using the “Drive Through” set up at the State Capitol parking lot.
Filing is April Wednesday, April 8th through Friday the 10th 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Candidates may visit elections.ok.gov for details on candidate filings.
Filing by Mail
- Select a reputable mailing or delivery service that allows you to track your mailing and guarantees on-time delivery. Filings that arrive after 5:00 p.m. on April 10th will not be accepted.
- Review the candidate checklist on pages 7 and 8 of the candidate filing packet to ensure you have everything you need to file for office.
- Send your signed and notarized Declaration of Candidacy, your filing fee (cashier’s check or certified check) or petition, and other candidate filing documents along with your phone number and email address to:
State Election Board Secretary
Attn: Candidate Filing
2300 N. Lincoln Boulevard
State Capitol, Room G28
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Filing In-Person Drive Through
- Ensure you have reviewed the candidate checklist on pages 7 and 8 of the candidate filing packet to ensure you bring everything you need to file for office.
- When arriving at the Capitol, look for signs with instructions about the candidate filing “drive-through” route.
- Candidates may designate a proxy to file their paperwork and filing fee or petition.