“The Power of One”
Federal Holiday Observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday – Monday, January 15, 2018
The Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Coalition organizes the following events in Oklahoma City on the King Holiday (the third Monday in January). For more details of each event, click the title (orange link). These featured events are free to attend (registration/fee required for parade participation).
Other Coalition-organized holiday events:
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at The Henrietta B. Foster Center, located at 614 N.E. 4th Street in OKC.
Opening Ceremony and Silent March
9:00 AM at Freedom Center
2609 N. Martin Luther King Ave., Oklahoma City
11:00 AM at Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
12:15 PM at St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral, 127 NW 7th
Other MLK Events of interest:
All King Holiday events, those we organize and those organized by other organizations, in which you may be interested, are included on the flyer you can download.
2018 MLK Holiday Schedule (will post when available)
Sunday preceding the Holiday, 6:00 PM
Temple B’nai Israel, 4901 N. Pennsylvania Avenue
21st Annual Dr.King Prayer Breakfast – Midwest City, OK
Monday, January 15, 2018
Our celebrated speakers are Senator Connie Johnson and Representative Gary Banz. Tickets can be purchased online at www.MidwestCityMLK.com, in person at the Midwest City Community Center or by contacting 405-623-1957.
Date: January 15, 2018
Time: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Location: Reed Conference Center
Address: 5750 Will Rogers Rd
Midwest City, OK 73110
Cost: Tickets are $15
This is a fun filled day of events that is held yearly that focus on inclusion of all races.
Church Service held at Antioch Baptist Church at 10:00 am (Pastor Ronald Boyd)
Parade starts at 1:00pm from 12th and Walnut walking to 7th and Main st. Duncan Oklahoma then back to 12th and Walnut. (DCDC)
Movie showing at 2:00pm at the
Historical Palace Theater on
Main St. Downtown Duncan
(Pastors Russ & Sandy Stewart)
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. – Parade & Birthday Celebration Events:
Monday, January 15th 2018:
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parade & Community Birthday Celebration
• 7:00am to 11:00am – DREAM TEAM Pancake Breakfast (Sponsored by the NBN DREAM TEAM). Cost is FREE, donations encouraged.
• 9:00am to 10:30am – MLK Day Worship Service (Sponsored by the Muskogee Ministerial Alliance & Bacone College (Rooms A & B)
• 11:00am – Parade Line-up on 12th Street, the parade participation form is now available at the MLK Jr. CC.
• 12:00pm – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Begins
• 12:45pm – Annual Car Show
• 1:00pm to 3:00pm – Parade After-Party with Food Trucks, Live Music, Indoor Kids Zone Activities & Birthday Celebration (918) 684-6314
39th Annual Tulsa MLK Parade
39th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemorative Parade
THEME: “50 Years Later the Dream Still Lives”
Monday, January 15, 2018– 11:00 A.M.
Detroit Ave. & John Hope Franklin Blvd.
April 4, 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of King’s assassination at that the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, TN.
The intent of the MLK Day Parade is for participants of all ages to have fun, remember Dr. King’s legacy and how they can be a part of keeping his dream alive. The floats and various entries should convey the theme and be appropriate for viewing by children and adults. Parade Marshals, Security Personnel and Super Volunteers will be posted along the parade route to ensure the safety of the parade participants and guests as well as ensure consistent spacing between units.
7:00 am to 10:00 am- Check-in/Pick-up Numbers (Command Tent – MLK & John Hope Franklin)
8:30 am – Parade Judging Begins
10:15 am – Awards Ceremony (Big Tent)
11:00 am – Parade Begins
Among other MLK events planned:
• Free showing of the movie “13th” with discussion following, 6 p.m. Jan. 12, Rudisill Library, 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
• 21st Century Kings Leadership Symposium with Hannibal Johnson, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 14, Langston University – Tulsa, 914 N. Greenwood Ave. (Lunch provided)
• Community breakfast, 8 a.m. Jan. 16, hosted by First Baptist Church North Tulsa, 1414 N. Greenwood Ave.
• Showing of the film “War Room” 2 p.m. Jan. 16, ORU Mabee Center, 8100 S. Lewis Ave. Tickets are free.
For more information about the celebration, including float building sites, contact Pettie at 918-814-6319 or 918-565-9420 or at mlktulsa.com.
MLK Day Parade: ENJOY MLK DAY PARADE IN ARDMORE!
Mark your calendars for the annual Martin Luther King, Jr’s Parade in downtown Ardmore! The parade will kick off at 10:00 a.m. at Central Park and ending at HFV Wilson Community Center. Be sure to stick around for the MLK Day Celebration immediately following the parade at the HFV Wilson Community Center. Bring all your family and friends to Ardmore to join in celebrating MLK Day in a fun and festive way!